Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hmong New Year

The Hmong New Year is this weekend in my hometown! I'm so excited, I've only missed it once in my life, when I was in a car accident and was in the hospital instead. I can't wait to go home, dress in Hmong clothes and eat and indulge in my culture! I will surely post pictures (if I even take any, I tend not to). This is the biggest celebration for Hmong people, if you are able to attend one, I would most definitely do that because it is a great way to learn about the culture and the people. It's a great way to experience a new culture, see new things, and open your eyes to different perspectives (kind of repetitive there). I just can't wait!!! I will be seeing my family and friends, it will be fun and it will help me get away from all the stress that school is giving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment