Friday, May 6, 2011

Burden

I feel like being a woman in the Hmong society is more difficult than being a man.

You get less opportunities and more responsibilities.

I am so stressed, the men in my family are being so immature. Not stepping up and being what they are supposed to, or being there when my parents need them most.

I am so sad that I am so far away, I have to try to work things out even though I'm millions of miles away. I can't wait to go home and fix things and make it all better, so my parents will appreciate the girls more and stop expecting from those who can't attend to their needs.

I'm tired of being treated like a kid, I am a grown up now and just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't do things that the Hmong society expects me to. I am so much better than those men, I can prove myself and have gone so much further than they have.

Don't worry niam tias txiv, I am here to help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment