Friday, July 23, 2010

Babies and Chicken

My sister-in-law just had her baby yesterday morning!!! Too bad I haven't seen him at all yet, I will for sure tonight when I get home. He weighs 7 lbs. and 18 ounces, he's 19 inches long!! That's pretty long for an asian baby, lol!!! So now that she has her baby, that means she has to eat boiled chicken for a whole month!!!!! I know that'll get tiring. Why does she have to eat that stuff? Because Hmong do it as a tradition, it helps you transition from giving birth to normal life again. Eating fresh killed chicken and fresh boiled chicken every meal will help your body transition and adapt to the atmosphere. It also helps you when you get older, you wont have a lot of stomach pains and such. There are several reasons why Hmong women eat chicken for a whole month, those are only some reasons, I could go on and on about this matter. Not only will she have to eat warm food, she will have to drink warm water and make sure her body is warm. She cannot go to other people's homes for a month as well (it's also another tradition) but I think it doesn't apply if you are a Christian, it only applies if you are Shamans. There's too much to explain here, so I will stop now before I go all out, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment