Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Finding Asian Food In New Zealand

Now that I'm here in New Zealand, it's very difficult for me to find the spices and foods that I'm used to eating. I'll have to go look for the sections of the oriental foods or asian foods. Even if they have the spices, do they have the greens that I like to eat?

I'm not used to eating just all burgers, fries, spaghetti all the time. Even when I make rice to eat, it's not the same rice type and the way I cook it here is different because I don't have all the tools to cook it the way I like it. I know, a lot of complaining, but truly it's different.

I'll have to get used to it, but for now it's not the best. Can't wait to eat real Hmong food when I get home (which won't be for a while).

Although my kiwi host said she would show me where the asian market is, so that'll be exciting, hopefully they have the greens I like there!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment