Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ha-mong

Today was a good day, until I was sitting in my flat with everyone in there laughing but me. I looked at myself and saw what they saw for the first time. I am Asian, a minority. For some reason I always thought I was just like them, I thought I fit in, but I don’t, and I stuck out like a sore thumb.

Being Hmong is difficult, we don’t have a country, we don’t have anything to claim. No one knows who we are and by Clint Eastwood’s immatureness people call us Ha-mong. I prayed to God to help me be whom I am, for me to not get lost in the easier way out of life. I prayed for Him to give me the strength to represent my people and who we are.

It makes me feel so alone, no one knows how our ways are, there’s no one I can talk to that would understand me. I guess that is what I miss the most! I miss my home, my bed, my family, my people, my things!

As awesome as this experience is, I don’t think I will ever do it alone again, I can’t stand being by myself, I want someone like me! I know I’m being selfish and immature, but seriously, people not knowing me and disrespecting me is just so painful and annoying. I can’t wait to be home!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment