Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Being In a Whole New World Alone (WARNING: this is a rant so don't read if you're gonna think I'm being immature, because I am)

Being in a whole new world alone sucks, or sucks in general! Straight out going to say that it sucks! I'll give you a list! Not that it's not a good experience and that I haven't made good life-long friends or that this will be one of the greatest experiences. I know now what they mean when you come back you are a whole new person, a better and wiser person, you appreciate everything and everyone you have! When you leave you leave everything you know and are used to. You leave your life and try to start somewhere where you don't know anything and you are the dumb and ignorant person.


why being in another country alone sucks

1. no family or friends

2. can't go shopping enjoyably

3. can't stay up late with someone to just hang out

4. have someone to talk to

5. share your wonderful day with

6. brag about all the neat things you saw or bought to someone

7. have someone to cry to

8. you can't go out to eat with someone other than yourself

9. there's no one to take your picture

10. no one understands you

11. no one relates to your norms

12. don't have enough people you know of to hang out with a different person each day of the week

13. you don't have someone to watch scary movies with

14. no one to eat with

15. no one to cook with

16. no one to do laundry with

17. no one to sing with

18. no one that knows you

19. no one that cares as much as your friends and family

20. people are for themselves

21. if you don't know something you are straight up DUMB

22. you want to go somewhere but you can't get there

23. have someone to be your puppet and put makeup on them

24. vocabulary is different

25. you have to find shops that carry things you like and can afford

26. people judge you based on your country

27. you miss everything and everyone back at home

28. you can't speak Hmong to anyone because no one understands

29. what you wear is not normal

30. what you crave is really difficult to find/make because of the differences

AND the list goes on.......



My point is, don't go alone if you can't handle it (like me)! When I get back home, I am so going to hang out with everyone on my friend list!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! and I'm going to appreciate everything so much more!!! I miss my home so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment