Friday, April 15, 2011

Our History

Being here not a lot of people know about my race. So of course I have to explain.

Explaining who we are and where we are from is so difficult because the story is so complex, you would never be able to tell it all in one sitting.

But even with that being said, those wonderful people are interested and want to know, they want to learn and know about who I am and my people's history.

I love that about some people, when they want to know you and understand you. When they are open to things that have happened and to how you are.

While telling stories of my parent's and grandparent's, I have realized that I need to do more research or ask my parents more about this. I want to know more than I do now, I know the main points, but I want to know all the details.

I want to know OUR history.

It's different from learning in class when the teacher just says, "there were Hmong people in the Vietnam war, they helped the Americans fight the Vietnamese." When my parents tell me stories, they are so intense and so heartbreaking, it's a whole story by itself. Each time they reached a certain point is a story to tell. I just wished I had time to write it all down for a real book to be published.

That will be one of my life goals to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment