Saturday, April 2, 2011

Making Spring Rolls In NZ

Yesterday I made spring rolls and they were delicious, not as good as the ones I make at home but still good! The reason being for that is because at home I know what is good and what's not and where I can get everything I need, where as here I have to find everything that is somewhat similar and work with it.

In my usual recipe for a spring roll I add ham and here I couldn't find any chunks of ham so I just used chicken that I cooked with some oyster sauce, still good! And then I totally forgot to make some eggs and put it in there, but like I said, still good! lol

I'll post some pictures. Some of them turned out really good and then others I had a little trouble with because the wraps that I bought, if you soak them too long they rip like crazy, which I find is unusual because the ones I usually buy at home are not like that. All my flat mates were wondering what I was making and I wanted to share, but then I was thinking that it is expensive and so I decided not to.

I don't like not sharing, I feel so weird, but then they don't share so I don't either because I feel like, if I share then they might always want me to share or take advantage of it. They are really nice women, so I shouldn't even think that.

Anyways, I had made some peanut butter pepper sauce and it is so spicy and good!! OMG, the bf wished he was here to eat it with me, lol. He told me he was eating rice and noodles... The peanut sauce is his favorite, so he wished I had made it for him instead, lol and so did I!




All the ingredients



The chicken with oyster sauce and a little salt



The rice paper soaking in water



The peanut butter pepper sauce



The final outcome after the spring rolls have been rolled

No comments:

Post a Comment